festival; exhibition; show; market; bazaar
inventor
fair
development
interviewer

Good answer for question "What are your plans?"

meaning of "individual federal taxes" | Can flowers feel good when they smell good?
Good answer for question "What are your plans?" #1 (permalink) Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:46 pm   Good answer for question "What are your plans?"

ESL/EFL Test #233 "Common Phrases and Respones (1)", question 9

What are your plans for the weekend? .........

(a) We're going skiing in Montana.
(b) I like ice fishing.
(c) Cold weather is hard to deal with sometimes.
(d) I don't have a schedule printed out yet.

ESL/EFL Test #233 "Common Phrases and Respones (1)", answer 9

What are your plans for the weekend? We're going skiing in Montana.

Correct answer: (a) We're going skiing in Montana.

What are your plans for the weekend? I don't have a schedule printed out yet.
_________________________

why not this answer couldn't work? There are two option here.

Toggi
Toggi

What are your plans? #2 (permalink) Sat Feb 03, 2007 21:10 pm   What are your plans?

In conversation English, we don't normally say 'I don't have a schedule printed out yet.' That's very formal - "I don't have a schedule printed out." People normally say that when they're talking about work - not about personal time or plans. People don't print out schedules when they are talking about personal time and a schedule usually refers to something more formal and serious. Therefore, the only answer is 'We're going to Montana ...'
I hope this helps.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Good answer for question "What are your plans?" #3 (permalink) Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:00 am   Good answer for question "What are your plans?"

.
Nor does (d) answer the question. The speaker is asking for information, which the respondent should have and be able to respond with, irrespective of the status of the hardcopy.
.
_________________

meaning of deportationmeaning of antiqueWhat is the "M4" and what does "the downs" mean?meaning of pace and straymeaning of embarrassedmeaning of globalDiffrence between object and subject in this sentence?What does "breaking up" mean?What is the difference between 'angry with' and 'angry to'?What is the difference between 'I wish' and 'I'm wishing'?Can I return it, if I have the receipt?"As you probably know" vs. "As you certainly know"meaning of "stranded crew"