indicator; something used to point; hand on a clock; clue; advice
automobile
pointer
appliance
host

What is the difference between 'angry with' and 'angry to'?

Can flowers feel good when they smell good? | Diffrence between object and subject in this sentence?
What is the difference between 'angry with' and 'angry to'? #1 (permalink) Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:16 am   What is the difference between 'angry with' and 'angry to'?

ESL/EFL Test #91 "Using Prepositions", question 9

He was very angry ......... his mother because she grounded him yesterday.

(a) with
(b) to
(c) about
(d) on

ESL/EFL Test #91 "Using Prepositions", answer 9

He was very angry with his mother because she grounded him yesterday.

Correct answer: (a) with

He was very angry to his mother because she grounded him yesterday.
_________________________

hi, could u tell me : "why this sentence is writen with preposition " with " = " he was very angry with his mother because she grounded him yesterday " thank u !

chenly
chenly

What is the difference between 'angry with' and 'angry to'? #2 (permalink) Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:47 am   What is the difference between 'angry with' and 'angry to'?

The usual grouping is 'angry with someone'. Another possibility is 'angry towards'. The difference really is that 'angry with' doesn't last long but 'angry towards' is an attitude that can persist for some time.

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of pikestaffKnowledge of US law?meaning of deportationmeaning of antiqueWhat is the "M4" and what does "the downs" mean?meaning of pace and straymeaning of embarrassedmeaning of globalWhat does "breaking up" mean?meaning of "individual federal taxes"Good answer for question "What are your plans?"What is the difference between 'I wish' and 'I'm wishing'?Can I return it, if I have the receipt?