to originate from; to reveal the origin of something; to obtain from a particular supplier
hire
source
propose
present

meaning of deportation

meaning of antique | Knowledge of US law?
meaning of deportation #1 (permalink) Fri Feb 09, 2007 15:20 pm   meaning of deportation

ESL/EFL Test #259 "US Government Questions Test (7)", question 1

If a person, who is not a citizen of the US, is ordered to leave the country, the order is known as ..........

(a) immigration
(b) emigration
(c) deportation

ESL/EFL Test #259 "US Government Questions Test (7)", answer 1

If a person, who is not a citizen of the US, is ordered to leave the country, the order is known as deportation.

Correct answer: (c) deportation
_________________________

what do you mean by deportation?

Evgenyi
Evgenyi

meaning of deportation #2 (permalink) Fri Feb 09, 2007 15:45 pm   meaning of deportation

This means an official order for someone to leave the country in which they are living.

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of deportation #3 (permalink) Fri Feb 09, 2007 16:49 pm   meaning of deportation

There is also a verb: to deport. To deport someone means to forcefully send that person to other country from where he is.
_________________
Learning is a sacred engagement.
Ahmadov

Location: Azerbaijan

'kids in my family' vs. 'kids at my family'What does 'it' mean in this sentence?How do we use 'whose'?meaning of 'walk off with'What does 'still alive' mean?Can I change the pronouns here?meaning of "stick her neck out"startling vs. stunningmeaning of pikestaffWhat is the "M4" and what does "the downs" mean?meaning of pace and straymeaning of embarrassedmeaning of global