clothing; garments; clothes; garb
minimum
substantive
apparel
plate

What's the difference between 'you' and 'yourself'?

A letter about the meeting? | Question tag: isn't she?
What's the difference between 'you' and 'yourself'? #1 (permalink) Sun Feb 25, 2007 18:23 pm   What's the difference between 'you' and 'yourself'?

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #20 "The interview", question 1

Q. Thank you for your application. I would like you to answer a few questions about you so that we can find out if you are right for the job.

(a) you
(b) out
(c) right

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #20 "The interview", answer 1

Q. Thank you for your application. I would like you to answer a few questions about yourself so that we can find out if you are right for the job.

Correct entry: yourself
The error was: (a) you
_________________________

what do i have to do?
irenai

What's the difference between 'you' and 'yourself'? #2 (permalink) Sun Feb 25, 2007 19:39 pm   What's the difference between 'you' and 'yourself'?

You have to choose which of the underlined words ('you', 'out', 'right') doesn't fit (suit?) in that sentence and replace it with the correct word.
Violino

Location: Poland Gdynia

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
What's the difference between 'you' and 'yourself'? #3 (permalink) Wed May 27, 2009 4:11 am   What's the difference between 'you' and 'yourself'?

Sorry , only a small mistake: "You have to choose which of the underlined words ('you', 'out', 'right') don't fit (suit?) in that sentence and then replace it with the correct word".
Regards
Frank Stern

Location: Mexico

Would like you to answer #4 (permalink) Wed May 27, 2009 4:28 am   Would like you to answer

I think this phrase is not completely correct because “I would like you to answer” is wrong. Probably is better to say one of the following phrases:
1) I would like you had answered a few questions about yourself; so we could find out if you were right for the job.
2) I would like, you answer a few questions about yourself so we can find out if you are right for the job.

I would appreciate your comments about these issues.
Frank Stern

Location: Mexico

Would like you to answer #5 (permalink) Wed May 27, 2009 5:20 am   Would like you to answer

Frank, the quiz question as posted is absolutely grammatically correct.

Your post is really, really incorrect.

“I would like you to answer” Please point out what is wrong with that sentence.

_________________

Meaning of diagnosed?Meaning of capstoneWhy is it called soup kitchen for needy?Difference between solitary and lonelyI didn't understand why the verb to be is in this setence!What is a janitor?What is the meaning of "looking after"?'hard core' vs 'hard up' vs 'hard sell' vs 'hard court'when do we use although and because?What does inaccurate mean?What does "piles" mean?Difference between emigrate, immigrate and migrate?Some man or worman can like to drink large coffe and to eat cream with yogurt...