Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

short informational periodical that is usually distributed to the members of an interest group
newsletter
measurement
mend
president
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What is "set the world on fire"? | What does this phrase mean: "to raise money"?
listening exercises
What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'? #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 03, 2007 14:38 pm   What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #218 "Confusing Words test (1)", question 1

How much of an ......... did World War II have on Europe?

(a) affect
(b) effect
(c) effects
(d) affects

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #218 "Confusing Words test (1)", answer 1

How much of an effect did World War II have on Europe?

Correct answer: (b) effect

Your answer was: incorrect
How much of an affect did World War II have on Europe?

What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'?

Thanks
Oksana

What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'? #2 (permalink) Sat Mar 03, 2007 15:33 pm   What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'?

AFFECT vs EFFECT.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'? #3 (permalink) Wed Jan 27, 2010 21:24 pm   What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'?

Wow! What a gorgeous web resource! Thank you very much, Mister Micawber.
Vermilion
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'? #4 (permalink) Fri Jan 29, 2010 16:49 pm   What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'?

Thank you so much.

The topic is very much use.
Puppet
I'm here quite often ;-)

What is "set the world on fire"? | What does this phrase mean: "to raise money"?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Meaning of 'Throw in one's lot with'Meaning of stinksDifference between occupy, gorge, blow, stuffClear communication limits trade discrepancies.Tag for 'I am not your friend'Why thin instead of slim?Meaning of souvenirsDifference among scare, scary, frighten, frightening, frightenedMeaning of "secondhand stores"Verb to have should be followed by past participle...difference between rock and jazz music?What is the difference between 'come up with' and 'come out with'?fitted vs fit