short informational periodical that is usually distributed to the members of an interest group
newsletter
measurement
mend
president

What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'?

What is "set the world on fire"? | What does this phrase mean: "to raise money"?
What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'? #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 03, 2007 14:38 pm   What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'?

ESL/EFL Test #218 "Confusing Words test (1)", question 1

How much of an ......... did World War II have on Europe?

(a) affect
(b) effect
(c) effects
(d) affects

ESL/EFL Test #218 "Confusing Words test (1)", answer 1

How much of an effect did World War II have on Europe?

Correct answer: (b) effect

How much of an affect did World War II have on Europe?
_________________________

Oksana

What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'? #2 (permalink) Sat Mar 03, 2007 15:33 pm   What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'?

.
AFFECT vs EFFECT.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'? #3 (permalink) Wed Jan 27, 2010 21:24 pm   What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'?

Wow! What a gorgeous web resource! Thank you very much, Mister Micawber.
Vermilion

Location: Russia

What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'? #4 (permalink) Fri Jan 29, 2010 16:49 pm   What is the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'?

Thank you so much.

The topic is very much use.
Puppet

Meaning of 'Throw in one's lot with'Meaning of stinksDifference between occupy, gorge, blow, stuffClear communication limits trade discrepancies.Tag for 'I am not your friend'Why thin instead of slim?Meaning of souvenirsDifference among scare, scary, frighten, frightening, frightenedMeaning of "secondhand stores"Verb to have should be followed by past participle...difference between rock and jazz music?What is the difference between 'come up with' and 'come out with'?fitted vs fit