criterion; measure; point of reference for comparison
benchmark
mayor
diversity
predisposition

What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

ESL Forums | Feedback, Comments and Suggestions
Is the free email English course free? | I've loved the lessons...
What is a meaningful message title and why is it important? #1 (permalink) Mon Mar 05, 2007 21:29 pm   What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

Once you have created your message, please think about giving it a meaningful title. This is important for a number of reasons:
  • If you give your message a clear title, forum moderators and other forum members are more likely to respond to your request and answer your questions.
  • You will attract more responses because more people will find your message in search engines such as Google.
  • A topic title is like a short summary of your post. This will make it easier for other forum members to navigate through our forum and respond to messages more quickly.
Here are some examples of unhelpful topic titles:

• hi
  • help
  • help me
  • need help
  • let me know!
  • please help
  • question
  • idiom
  • query
  • difference
  • explanation
  • expression
  • grammar (or even worse: grammer)
  • why
  • vocabulary question
  • prepositions
  • verbs
  • doubt
  • confusion
  • please clear my doubt
  • is it correct?

Here are some examples of useful and meaningful topic titles:
  • What is the difference between 'sketch in vs. sketch out'?
  • What does this expression mean: 'make do with'?
  • Which tense is better here -- present perfect or simple past?
  • What do you think about online diaries?
  • How can I improve my pronunciation?
  • Have you ever been to an English speaking country?
Many thanks,

TOEIC listening, talks: Travel agent gives a customer his travel booking details via voice mail message
_________________
Test Of English for International Communication
TOEIC Preparation & TOEIC Vocabulary

What is a meaningful message title and why is it important? #2 (permalink) Mon Apr 20, 2009 19:10 pm   What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

Hi Dear Teacher,
I'll do my best to give a clear title to my message from now on.
Many thanks,
Morteza
Morteza

Location: Iran

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is a meaningful message title and why is it important? #3 (permalink) Thu Apr 23, 2009 19:10 pm   What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

Dear Sir,
I am awfully sorry. Because I do learn English By myself, so there are something i really don't understand. I found out this website casually while I was trying some information about grammar. I was really Happy for founding out the website that would make me improve my English.
As you know being English student,of course I cannot avoid to have some stupid question and query also. Therefore I hope Sir can sympathize for my mistake.
Obviously, Making some attractive topic will make impression and help to improve our english also. But I think, Just my own opinion. We will succeed If we consider small things though it is not important and because of these things I think It will help a lot of people and something will avoid to be repeated as well.
And another reason I believe that for learning english's people, they will be willing to help people and make them confidence either
Finally I am very happy and blissful I am your student. I hope I will be holp from you so much. I like these sentences 'English bring us closer and closer' and 'Enlish is happy language'
Thanks a lot
Khanhphamqn

What is a meaningful message title and why is it important? #4 (permalink) Thu Apr 23, 2009 19:27 pm   What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

I am awfully sorry. I didnot understand you. Forgive me please
I hope you feel free after reading my comment
one more time. I am terribly sorry
Khanhphamqn

What is a meaningful message title and why is it important? #5 (permalink) Sun May 03, 2009 11:45 am   What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

Khanhphamqn, that was a nice post. We all have to learn. Just keep trying my friend.

One step at a time, just like learning to walk.
_________________

What is a meaningful message title and why is it important? #6 (permalink) Fri Aug 07, 2009 16:49 pm   What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

Hello Torsten,

This is very helpful to all of us.
thank you very much!
Joycelyn
Jbaddoo

What is a meaningful message title and why is it important? #7 (permalink) Thu Aug 20, 2009 16:39 pm   What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

Once again dear Torsten, thanks
sometimes I don't think before write. you were very kind in giving some nice clue. I'll think it over befroe next time. again thanks a lot.
_________________
Joao Mª H. Fonseca
Your last mistake is your best teacher.
Joao Fonseca

Location: Brasília DF., Brazil

What is a meaningful message title and why is it important? #8 (permalink) Thu Aug 20, 2009 17:15 pm   What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

Hi Torsten,

You're right. Many thanks for your guide.I try to do it.

Have a great time.
Samira
Flower***

Location: Iran

What is a meaningful message title and why is it important? #9 (permalink) Wed Oct 07, 2009 21:30 pm   What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

Hello Torsten,

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I'll remember this.

It is great help writing an emails.

Farzana
Farzana

What is a meaningful message title and why is it important? #10 (permalink) Tue Dec 15, 2009 19:51 pm   What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

Thanks Toresten I'll try to use those points as much as possible.
Emilly

What is a meaningful message title and why is it important? #11 (permalink) Sun Jan 03, 2010 20:55 pm   What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

Your topic is meangful! Thank you.
_________________
We are always looking for a miracle but the things we are used to seeing are more miraculous than those we are looking for.
Jamilion

What is a meaningful message title and why is it important? #12 (permalink) Fri Feb 26, 2010 17:45 pm   What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

you are right.Thanks for great advice.
AmitHorizon

What is a meaningful message title and why is it important? #13 (permalink) Fri Feb 26, 2010 18:35 pm   What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

Hi dear,
thanks for your help in giving such a good clue. sorry for any inconvenience. I'll think it over next time. Have a nice weekend.
_________________
Joao Mª H. Fonseca
Your last mistake is your best teacher.
Joao Fonseca

Location: Brasília DF., Brazil

What is a meaningful message title and why is it important? #14 (permalink) Sun Apr 11, 2010 22:13 pm   What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

Hello mr Torsten,
Thank you the explanation. It won't happen again.
geertje
Geertje

What is a meaningful message title and why is it important? #15 (permalink) Wed May 19, 2010 19:10 pm   What is a meaningful message title and why is it important?

Thank you! Are you an English tutor?
Silversnow18

Location: Texas

ESL Forums | Feedback, Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Want to improve my listening skills...IELTS exam on January 8, 2011How to log on to the forum?Speaking English?How can I talk on the forum?I want to improve my EnglishCurrent IELTS developments?Creative writing picture?I'm an English teacher!I learned a lot of thingsHow do I register on the forum?I want more English exercisesI've lost my password...