regret for wrongdoing; remorse; uneasiness of conscience
glutton
bibliophile
equanimity
compunction

TOEFLŪ essay: Many people visit museums when they travel to new places

TOEFLŪ Essay: The qualities of a good boss | TOEFLŪ essay: Some people believe that university students should be required...
TOEFL essay: Many people visit museums when they travel to new places #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:02 am   TOEFL essay: Many people visit museums when they travel to new places

Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I’ll restrict my view on the benefits, which museums provide to their visitors. In my opinion, people visit museums because they collect different information about new places, cultures, even for other planets. I’ll try to outline most important benefits in the follow part of this essay.

First, the main purpose of the museums is to improve general knowledge of the visitors. For example, Independence Hall in Philadelphia is one of the most famous museums in the United States. It provides a lot of information about the history of United States of America, in particular about the independence of the United States. The museums provide direct access to the history. They are connection between past and present. Besides, the museums are perfect supplement to the textbooks, books and so on.

In the paragraph above I expose my statement about museums which are related with the history of some place. Now, I will try to configure my opinion about the other kinds of museums, which are related with the biology, chemistry, astronomy and etc. They provide a lot of information about different parts of science. Many scientist visit this museums to improve their professional knowledge. For instance, the museum in Sanct Peterburg, called Hermitrage, provides many exhibits, which are interesting not only for the common visitor, they attract many professional painters, art experts, even architects. Consequently, the museums are not only good place to improve your general knowledge; they are way to improve your professional skills.

In conclusion, I think that people visit museums for two different reasons. First – they learn general information about places, which they visit. Besides, the museums improve the culture in many different part of science. Second, museums provide valued exhibits, which are attractive for the scientists.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why did the professor ask to see the student?
Dwdimov

Location: Bulgaria, Ruse

TOEFLŪ essay samples: Never give upTOEFLŪ essay: It has recently been announced that a new restaurant may be built...TOEFLŪ essay samples: Neighbors are the people who live near usTOEFLŪ essay samples: Playing games teaches usTOEFLŪ essay samples: People do many different things to stay healthyTOEFLŪ essay: Most of the people say that the internet is the most important...TOEFLŪ essay samples: When people succeed, it’s because of hard workTOEFLŪ essay: Some people prefer to live in small town, others in a big cityTOEFLŪ Essay: Luck and hard workTOEFLŪ essay sample: Television has destroyed communication amongTOEFLŪ essay samples: If you could change one important thing about your hometownTOEFLŪ essay samples: Good things come to those who waitTOEFLŪ Essay: Experience or Books