lucrative; paying; rewarding; beneficial; producing income
fundamental
collectible
narrow
profitable

What does "cache" mean?

Mounting fears among governments | What does "synthetic lease" mean?
What does "cache" mean? #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 25, 2007 13:54 pm   What does "cache" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #247 "Confusing Words test (20)", question 2

Every second Friday, Isaiah goes to the bank to ......... his paycheck.

(a) cache
(b) clash
(c) cash

ESL/EFL Test #247 "Confusing Words test (20)", answer 2

Every second Friday, Isaiah goes to the bank to cash his paycheck.

Correct answer: (c) cash
_________________________

what is cache?
Ulricke?

What does "cache" mean? #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 25, 2007 15:39 pm   What does "cache" mean?

A cache is a hiding-place for stores, arms, treasure, etc. What is hidden in it is also called a cache.

Another meaning of 'cache' is a store of food collected by some animals for the winter. It can be used as a verb, too, in the sense of 'hide/store in a cache'.

'Cache' is pronounced exactly as 'cash' and almost like the French word from which it is derived.

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Idiom: "got fed up to the back teeth with"What does the stomach really mean in this one?What does it mean to 'extend one's house'?What's the meaning of the word "oar"?What's the difference between actually and certainly?Why is "clock didn't go off"?what is the meaning of peak?meaning of the expression "long live the underworld"What does "leaving a message" mean?What's the difference between 'during' and 'for'?What does 'keep your wig on' mean?meaning of potluckmeaning of flush