to criticize; to assess; to determine; to rule
manage
separate
judge
expect

What's the meaning of the word "oar"?

Why is "clock didn't go off"? | What's the difference between actually and certainly?
What's the meaning of the word "oar"? #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:08 am   What's the meaning of the word "oar"?

ESL/EFL Test #246 "Confusing Words test (19)", question 10

As the raft went down the river rapids, the guide lost an ......... in the process.

(a) or
(b) ore
(c) oar

ESL/EFL Test #246 "Confusing Words test (19)", answer 10

As the raft went down the river rapids, the guide lost an oar in the process.

Correct answer: (c) oar

As the raft went down the river rapids, the guide lost an ore in the process.
_________________________

what's the meaning of the word "oar"?

Samuel
Samuel

What's the meaning of the word "oar"? #2 (permalink) Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:03 am   What's the meaning of the word "oar"?

.
Please try your dictionary, Samuel. Oar is an easy word.
.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
'stick by him' vs 'stick from him'make an effort vs. make a startoriginal meaning of the idiom "as thick as thieves"dinner on Christmas vs. dinner in Christmasmeaning of daftIdiom: "got fed up to the back teeth with"What does the stomach really mean in this one?What does it mean to 'extend one's house'?what is the meaning of peak?meaning of the expression "long live the underworld"What does "cache" mean?What does "synthetic lease" mean?What does "leaving a message" mean?