competition; equal opponent; partner; counterweight; game
elevator
price
match
facility

dinner on Christmas vs. dinner in Christmas

What does the stomach really mean in this one? | make an effort vs. make a start
dinner on Christmas vs. dinner in Christmas #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:36 am   dinner on Christmas vs. dinner in Christmas

ESL/EFL Test #96 "prepositions of time: for, ago, since, on, at", question 7

We always eat a roast dinner ......... Christmas day.

(a) in
(b) on
(c) at
(d) since

ESL/EFL Test #96 "prepositions of time: for, ago, since, on, at", answer 7

We always eat a roast dinner on Christmas day.

Correct answer: (b) on

We always eat a roast dinner in Christmas day.
_________________________

Can I say in Christmas?

Valery
Valery

dinner on Christmas vs. dinner in Christmas #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:34 am   dinner on Christmas vs. dinner in Christmas

No, but you can sat 'at Christmas' (meaning 'Christmas time').

'In' is not the right preposition for a day or date. 'In' can be used for parts of the day (in the morning/afternoon/evening, for example), as well as for months and years (in March, in 2007).

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
meaning of weedWhat is the difference between "remember" and "remind"?meaning of loneWhat is the difference between "debate" and "discussion"?What is the difference between "permitted" and "granted"?meaning of "lying thief"'stick by him' vs 'stick from him'original meaning of the idiom "as thick as thieves"meaning of daftIdiom: "got fed up to the back teeth with"What does it mean to 'extend one's house'?What's the meaning of the word "oar"?What's the difference between actually and certainly?