Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

occasion which requires fancy dress (dance, ball, etc.); evening gown
repeat
principal
carriage
formal
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What do you mean by "as cool as cucumber"?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Difference between 'search' and 'seek' | difference between present perfect and present continues
listening exercises
What do you mean by "as cool as cucumber"? #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:52 am   What do you mean by "as cool as cucumber"?

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #14 "British Idioms", question 4

And I suppose you didn't panic and were as cool as a cucumber?

(a) very bored
(b) very calm
(c) very rude
(d) very stupid

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #14 "British Idioms", answer 4

And I suppose you didn't panic and were very calm?

Correct answer: (b) very calm

what do u mean by as cool as cucumber?

Garsey
Garsey

What do you mean by "as cool as cucumber"? #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:51 am   What do you mean by "as cool as cucumber"?

Hi, Garsey

as cool as a cucumber means very calm

(you could see it if you looked at the previous post) :)
Lost_Soul
I'm a Communicator ;-)

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What do you mean by "as cool as cucumber"? #3 (permalink) Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:32 am   What do you mean by "as cool as cucumber"?

Although this test is called "British Idioms", all of them are also common in American English. There are only two slight differences in American English:

8. AmE = at loose ends
9. AmE = not bat an eye

Difference between 'search' and 'seek' | difference between present perfect and present continues
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
when we can able to use this word "yelp"?Is it an idiom: 'convert prospects into paying customers'?Is it an idiom: 'repeat business'?yesterday vs. todaywhat is "has a screw loose" mean?What does 'speeded up' mean in this content?What does majority mean?What does this idiom mean: to be into something?careened vs. reeledWhat is the origin of the phrase, "egg him on"?meaning of concluded'I'm afraid' and 'because' should be switched each otherbear vs. hold vs. carry