Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

providing assistance
familiar
crucial
supportive
impatient
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

difference between present perfect and present continues

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What do you mean by "as cool as cucumber"? | What does 'speeded up' mean in this content?
listening exercises
difference between present perfect and present continues #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 12, 2007 13:50 pm   difference between present perfect and present continues

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #210 "What Comes Next? (4)", question 1

It's getting very late ..........

(a) I'll have to speed you
(b) I'll have to accelerate you
(c) I'll have to hurry
(d) I'll have to push you

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #210 "What Comes Next? (4)", answer 1

It's getting very late I'll have to hurry.

Correct answer: (c) I'll have to hurry

diference between present perfect and present continuos

Sergio
Sergio

difference between present perfect and present continues #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 12, 2007 14:13 pm   difference between present perfect and present continues

Hi Sergio

The test question has nothing to do with the present perfect. 'Have to' has a meaning similar to 'must' in the test sentence. However, you cannot say "will must". So, if you wanted to use 'must' instead of 'have to' in the sentence, then you could only write this:
"I must hurry."

If you want information about the difference between the present perfect simple and the present perfect continuous, please post a separate question in the forum called "English Grammar, Vocabulary and Idioms":
http://www.english-test.net/forum/forum17.html

Thanks

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What do you mean by "as cool as cucumber"? | What does 'speeded up' mean in this content?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
What does "still in the black" mean?when we can able to use this word "yelp"?Is it an idiom: 'convert prospects into paying customers'?Is it an idiom: 'repeat business'?yesterday vs. todaywhat is "has a screw loose" mean?What does majority mean?What does this idiom mean: to be into something?careened vs. reeledWhat is the origin of the phrase, "egg him on"?'I'm afraid' and 'because' should be switched each otherbear vs. hold vs. carryWhy isnt't "remove all problems" a good answer?