to store in a large building
amount
warehouse
appreciate
inflict

Is it an idiom: 'repeat business'?

Expression "Worst of all" with article? | Is it an idiom: 'convert prospects into paying customers'?
Is it an idiom: 'repeat business'? #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 13, 2007 19:47 pm   Is it an idiom: 'repeat business'?

ESL/EFL Test #134 "Marketing Strategies", question 10

......... business is gained by the company that gives the customer what s/he wants.

(a) Reform
(b) Regard
(c) Repeat
(d) Replacement

ESL/EFL Test #134 "Marketing Strategies", answer 10

Repeat business is gained by the company that gives the customer what s/he wants.

Correct answer: (c) Repeat

Replacement business is gained by the company that gives the customer what s/he wants.
_________________________

Does the phrase "repeat business" have any specific meaning?
Thank you

Julia
Julia

Is it an idiom: 'repeat business'? #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 14, 2007 0:12 am   Is it an idiom: 'repeat business'?

.
'Repeat' is used as an adjective here. 'Repeat business' could more formally grammatically be phrased as 'repeated business'-- it is the same customer making purchases again and again.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What does garbled mean?Meaning of "ivory towers"checked into the hotel vs. checked on the hotelThis room is as same as mine vs. This room is the same as mineWhat does session mean?what is the meaning of haul?What does 'Even a dead cat will bounce if dropped from high enough' mean?What does "still in the black" mean?when we can able to use this word "yelp"?yesterday vs. todaywhat is "has a screw loose" mean?difference between present perfect and present continuesWhat does 'speeded up' mean in this content?