copying of data for safety purposes; substitute; reserve; spare
backup
price
status
climate

Is it an idiom: 'convert prospects into paying customers'?

Is it an idiom: 'repeat business'? | when we can able to use this word "yelp"?
Is it an idiom: 'convert prospects into paying customers'? #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 13, 2007 19:53 pm   Is it an idiom: 'convert prospects into paying customers'?

ESL/EFL Test #134 "Marketing Strategies", question 4

The primary goal of a such a strategy is to present sales staff with prospects to ......... into paying customers.

(a) connect
(b) connive
(c) convert
(d) convey

ESL/EFL Test #134 "Marketing Strategies", answer 4

The primary goal of a such a strategy is to present sales staff with prospects to convert into paying customers.

Correct answer: (c) convert

The primary goal of a such a strategy is to present sales staff with prospects to convey into paying customers.
_________________________

What does the word "convert" really mean in this sentence and why is it used this way?

Thank you
Julia
Julia

Is it an idiom: 'convert prospects into paying customers'? #2 (permalink) Sat Apr 14, 2007 0:14 am   Is it an idiom: 'convert prospects into paying customers'?

.
'Convert' means change-- change potential customers (prospects) into actual customers (paying customers).
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
what does granting mean?What does garbled mean?Meaning of "ivory towers"checked into the hotel vs. checked on the hotelThis room is as same as mine vs. This room is the same as mineWhat does session mean?what is the meaning of haul?What does 'Even a dead cat will bounce if dropped from high enough' mean?What does "still in the black" mean?yesterday vs. todaywhat is "has a screw loose" mean?difference between present perfect and present continuesWhat does 'speeded up' mean in this content?