Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to deal in; to sell
commission
traffic
pioneer
influence
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

checked into the hotel vs. checked on the hotel

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
This room is as same as mine vs. This room is the same as mine | Meaning of "ivory towers"
listening exercises
checked into the hotel vs. checked on the hotel #1 (permalink) Mon Apr 16, 2007 23:34 pm   checked into the hotel vs. checked on the hotel

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #166 "Phrasal Verbs (B to C)", question 9

They ......... the hotel late last night.

(a) checked into
(b) checked on
(c) checked

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #166 "Phrasal Verbs (B to C)", answer 9

They checked into the hotel late last night.

Correct answer: (a) checked into

i don't understand

Elka
Elka

checked into the hotel vs. checked on the hotel #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 17, 2007 0:38 am   checked into the hotel vs. checked on the hotel

This is a test of preposition use. 'Check into' is the correct formation when the meaning is 'register at'-- They checked into (= registered at) the hotel last night.

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
checked into the hotel vs. checked on the hotel #3 (permalink) Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:15 am   checked into the hotel vs. checked on the hotel

Hi, Mister Micawber

deviating from the main idea of this question a little bit, is it also possible to choose "checked"?
Like they (the police officers) checked the hotel late last night for any criminal activity going on

Thanks !
Lost_Soul
I'm a Communicator ;-)

checked into the hotel vs. checked on the hotel #4 (permalink) Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:36 am   checked into the hotel vs. checked on the hotel

Sure.

This room is as same as mine vs. This room is the same as mine | Meaning of "ivory towers"
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
have vs. willWhat is the difference between facilitate and facility?Why can't write a SOME order?what does incessant mean?what does granting mean?What does garbled mean?meaning of near bonesome cream in your coffee vs. few cream in your coffeeWhat does session mean?what is the meaning of haul?What does 'Even a dead cat will bounce if dropped from high enough' mean?What does "still in the black" mean?when we can able to use this word "yelp"?