strenuously; with great effort; to the full extent; intently; to the extreme limit
ahead
back
instantaneously
hard

some cream in your coffee vs. few cream in your coffee

What is the difference between facilitate and facility? | Standing in front of me
some cream in your coffee vs. few cream in your coffee #1 (permalink) Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:56 am   some cream in your coffee vs. few cream in your coffee

ESL/EFL Test #249 "Few, a little and some (1)", question 2

Would you like ......... cream in your coffee?

(a) few
(b) little
(c) some

ESL/EFL Test #249 "Few, a little and some (1)", answer 2

Would you like some cream in your coffee?

Correct answer: (c) some
_________________________

why?

somrat
somrat

Why 'some' #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 18, 2007 16:06 pm   Why 'some'

You have to use some here because you can't say 'little cream.' You have to say 'a little cream.' And, 'few' is usually used with countable nouns. "Cream" is a non-count noun so 'some' is the only possibility here.
Take care,
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is the difference between close and shut?Are credit card amounts listed as current liabilities on your bank statements?What is the difference between "without trace" and "without a signWhat is the difference between "are you understanding" and "do youa master's degree in business administration with a concentration in accounting?have vs. willWhy can't write a SOME order?what does incessant mean?what does granting mean?What does garbled mean?Meaning of "ivory towers"meaning of near bonewhat is the first person object pronoun?