idea; concept; product of the mind
parentheses
thought
vat
penalty

meaning of near bone

have vs. will | what is the first person object pronoun?
meaning of near bone #1 (permalink) Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:23 pm   meaning of near bone

ESL/EFL Test #52 "Bones", question 9

I won't go into the full details of the proposition, I'll just give you the ......... bones.

(a) naked
(b) bare
(c) simple
(d) stripped

ESL/EFL Test #52 "Bones", answer 9

I won't go into the full details of the proposition, I'll just give you the bare bones.

Correct answer: (b) bare
_________________________

what is exact meaning of near bone?

Gelli
Gelli

meaning of near bone #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:58 am   meaning of near bone

.
There is no meaning that I know of for 'near bone' as a collocation. 'Near the bone' is synonymous with the idiom, 'close to the bone', and means 'if something you say or write is close to the bone, it is close to the truth in a way that may offend someone'.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does litter mean?Is it that you put in the second article by mistake?Why can't I say "today morning"? Why is it incorrect?What is the difference between close and shut?Are credit card amounts listed as current liabilities on your bank statements?What is the difference between "without trace" and "without a signWhat is the difference between "are you understanding" and "do youa master's degree in business administration with a concentration in accounting?What is the difference between facilitate and facility?Why can't write a SOME order?what does incessant mean?what does granting mean?What does garbled mean?