to examine; to debate; to scrutinize; to solicit votes or opinions
angle
canvass
corner
nominate

what does granting mean?

What does garbled mean? | what does incessant mean?
what does granting mean? #1 (permalink) Tue Apr 17, 2007 18:17 pm   what does granting mean?

ESL/EFL Test #87 "Verbal Test", question 5

It was a remarkable performance because the actor seemed to convey the whole range of human emotions , what you might call the complete ......... from beginning to end.

(a) gamble
(b) grasp
(c) granting
(d) gamut

ESL/EFL Test #87 "Verbal Test", answer 5

It was a remarkable performance because the actor seemed to convey the whole range of human emotions , what you might call the complete gamut from beginning to end.

Correct answer: (d) gamut
_________________________

what does granting mean?

nidhi
nidhi

what does granting mean? #2 (permalink) Tue Apr 17, 2007 22:46 pm   what does granting mean?

Granting is the present participle of the verb 'to grant':

grant

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
a master's degree in business administration with a concentration in accounting?have vs. willWhat is the difference between facilitate and facility?Why can't write a SOME order?Meaning of "ivory towers"meaning of near bonesome cream in your coffee vs. few cream in your coffeewhat is the first person object pronoun?checked into the hotel vs. checked on the hotelThis room is as same as mine vs. This room is the same as mineWhat does session mean?what is the meaning of haul?What does 'Even a dead cat will bounce if dropped from high enough' mean?