to join; to cause to become one
fluctuate
fee
renew
unify

What is the difference between facilitate and facility?

Why can't write a SOME order? | some cream in your coffee vs. few cream in your coffee
What is the difference between facilitate and facility? #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:45 am   What is the difference between facilitate and facility?

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #50 "Computers", question 9

In order to ......... the method by which staff pay is calculated the company has bought a new software package.

(a) facile
(b) facility
(c) factual
(d) facilitate

ESL/EFL Test #50 "Computers", answer 9

In order to facilitate the method by which staff pay is calculated the company has bought a new software package.

Correct answer: (d) facilitate

In order to facility the method by which staff pay is calculated the company has bought a new software package.
_________________________

why is facilitate and don't facility?

Lenay
Lenay

What is the difference between facilitate and facility? #2 (permalink) Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:24 am   What is the difference between facilitate and facility?

.
A verb is required here; the only verb in the list is 'facilitate'.
.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Are credit card amounts listed as current liabilities on your bank statements?What is the difference between "without trace" and "without a signWhat is the difference between "are you understanding" and "do youa master's degree in business administration with a concentration in accounting?have vs. willwhat does incessant mean?what does granting mean?What does garbled mean?Meaning of "ivory towers"meaning of near bonewhat is the first person object pronoun?checked into the hotel vs. checked on the hotelThis room is as same as mine vs. This room is the same as mine