person or company that does a particular job or assignment
membership
contractor
element
certificate

What is the difference between "are you understanding" and "do you

a master's degree in business administration with a concentration in accounting? | What is the difference between "without trace" and "without a sign
What is the difference between "are you understanding" and "do you #1 (permalink) Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:45 am   What is the difference between "are you understanding" and "do you

English Grammar Error, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #22 "Gerunds and Idioms", question 5

It's a very simple question and I'm sure you're quite capable of answering it: Are you understanding what I'm saying?

(a) I'm sure
(b) quite capable of
(c) Are you understanding

ESL/EFL Test #22 "Gerunds and Idioms", answer 5

It's a very simple question and I'm sure you're quite capable of answering it: Do you understand what I'm saying?

Correct entry: Do you understand
The error was: (c) Are you understanding
_________________________

Is it a right answer?

heidi
heidi

What is the difference between "are you understanding" and "do you #2 (permalink) Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:53 am   What is the difference between "are you understanding" and "do you

Yes. You need the Present Simple - Do you understand and not the continuous form Are you ...

_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Throw in the towel? What does it mean? It it an idiom?What does flag up mean? Is it an idiom?What does malformed mean?What does lurking mean?What does litter mean?Is it that you put in the second article by mistake?Why can't I say "today morning"? Why is it incorrect?What is the difference between close and shut?Are credit card amounts listed as current liabilities on your bank statements?have vs. willWhat is the difference between facilitate and facility?Why can't write a SOME order?what does incessant mean?