location; position; standing; role; function
equality
glove
specialty
place

What is the difference between close and shut?

Are credit card amounts listed as current liabilities on your bank statements? | Why can't I say "today morning"? Why is it incorrect?
What is the difference between close and shut? #1 (permalink) Mon Apr 23, 2007 0:56 am   What is the difference between close and shut?

ESL/EFL Test #10 "Close vs. Shut", question 4

The police officer warned us that the road ahead was ..........

(a) shut
(b) shutting
(c) closing
(d) closed

ESL/EFL Test #10 "Close vs. Shut", answer 4

The police officer warned us that the road ahead was closed.

Correct answer: (d) closed
_________________________

what is the difference between close and shut?

RubyS
RubyS

What is the difference between close and shut? #2 (permalink) Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:36 am   What is the difference between close and shut?

.
It is a matter of usage. Roads are 'closed'.
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of courtThrow in the towel? What does it mean? It it an idiom?What does flag up mean? Is it an idiom?What does malformed mean?What does lurking mean?What does litter mean?Is it that you put in the second article by mistake?What is the difference between "without trace" and "without a signWhat is the difference between "are you understanding" and "do youa master's degree in business administration with a concentration in accounting?have vs. willmeaning of near bonesome cream in your coffee vs. few cream in your coffee