postponement; hindrance; hold-up; stopping; lingering
wealth
fixture
order
delay

mother's fault vs mother's blunder

meaning of 'For the good of mankind' | Is the word division an uncountable noun?
mother's fault vs mother's blunder #1 (permalink) Tue May 08, 2007 20:14 pm   mother's fault vs mother's blunder

English Synonym, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #72 "Synonyms for mistake and error", question 10

The child broke the expensive vase but it was his mother's ......... for letting him play close to it.

(a) error
(b) defect
(c) fault
(d) blunder

English Synonym, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #72 "Synonyms for mistake and error", answer 10

The child broke the expensive vase but it was his mother's fault for letting him play close to it.

Correct answer: (c) fault

_________________________

how can we use blunder i mean when and in which context?

Arno
Arno

mother's fault vs mother's blunder #2 (permalink) Tue May 08, 2007 23:39 pm   mother's fault vs mother's blunder

To me, blunder is a huge and stupid mistake or error and not a fault. Fault is the only proper choice in this case.
Diverhank

Location: California, USA

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
'Buy' versus 'bought'service vs specializationgrow vs grown vs growsmeaning of 'As good as'difference between 'had been' and 'have been'What does this phrase mean: "to ask her out"?What does "check in" mean?use 2 adverbs one after the anotherWhat is the diference between good and okay?rewrite the sentense by using the verb 'run'What is difference between hear and listening in this sentence?negotiation vs paperWhat does to unload luggage mean?