mark; symbol; indication; hint; trace; notice; advertisement
part
candidate
sign
messenger

Turn aside from

Crack of day...crack of dawn | Call on vs. call in
Turn aside from #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:35 am   Turn aside from

Test No. incompl/inter-32 "Story (1)", question 1

Most students have to try and earn extra money by taking a holiday job. They turn ......... their studies and experience the real world for a while.

(a) into
(b) down
(c) aside from
(d) to

Test No. incompl/inter-32 "Story (1)", answer 1

Most students have to try and earn extra money by taking a holiday job. They turn aside from their studies and experience the real world for a while.

Correct answer: (c) aside from

Most students have to try and earn extra money by taking a holiday job. They turn to their studies and experience the real world for a while.
_________________________

Hello Alan,

could explain to me, what is the meaning of turn aside from

Dina

Turn aside #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:53 am   Turn aside

The students turn away from their studies so they can concentrate on something else.

TOEIC short conversations: Offering a new heating filter on the phone

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Try your hand atChange of heartTry your hand at running a businessmeaning of "Went about their business"Finish vs. finishedGrammar question: They are likely to (use adverb)The last person to come home or who came home?Rules vs. regulationsIs this an example of past progressive (was thinking)?Hear her sobbing her heart outOvercome vs. overtakenThrown out of the firmWhat is the difference between 'in the area' and 'in the spot'