something of value (property, equipment, goods, etc.); item of quality; something beneficial
commitment
asset
pitch
client

Is the word division an uncountable noun?

mother's fault vs mother's blunder | use 2 adverbs one after the another
Is the word division an uncountable noun? #1 (permalink) Wed May 09, 2007 12:51 pm   Is the word division an uncountable noun?

ESL/EFL Test #294 "Economics Questions test (2)", question 5

Many companies around the world use ........., or make use of scientific advancements, to manufacture new and improved products every day.

(a) introductions
(b) division
(c) technology

ESL/EFL Test #294 "Economics Questions test (2)", answer 5

Many companies around the world use technology, or make use of scientific advancements, to manufacture new and improved products every day.

Correct answer: (c) technology
_________________________

jadson
jadson

Is the word division an uncountable noun? #2 (permalink) Wed May 09, 2007 14:10 pm   Is the word division an uncountable noun?

'Division' can be both countable and uncountable:

division

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Have you got any idea vs. Have you any idea'Buy' versus 'bought'service vs specializationgrow vs grown vs growsmeaning of 'As good as'difference between 'had been' and 'have been'What does this phrase mean: "to ask her out"?What does "check in" mean?What is the diference between good and okay?meaning of 'For the good of mankind'rewrite the sentense by using the verb 'run'What is difference between hear and listening in this sentence?negotiation vs paper