to feel; to sense; to distinguish; to discern; to see
head
pad
perceive
dislodge

use 2 adverbs one after the another

Is the word division an uncountable noun? | What does "check in" mean?
use 2 adverbs one after the another #1 (permalink) Wed May 09, 2007 17:16 pm   use 2 adverbs one after the another

ESL/EFL Test #253 "Good, Well and Okay Test (1)", question 8

Hockey players must skate extremely ......... in order to make it to the National Hockey League.

(a) good
(b) well
(c) okay

ESL/EFL Test #253 "Good, Well and Okay Test (1)", answer 8

Hockey players must skate extremely well in order to make it to the National Hockey League.

Correct answer: (b) well

Hockey players must skate extremely good in order to make it to the National Hockey League.
_________________________

My doubt is: "extremely" is an adverb as is well; I learned you can not use 2 adverbs one after the another.

Dimitro
Dimitro

use 2 adverbs one after the another #2 (permalink) Wed May 09, 2007 18:50 pm   use 2 adverbs one after the another

Here's another example:

It is highly likely that I will eat meat loaf tonight.
_________________
Billie Jean is not my lover. Hee.
Prezbucky

Location: Nashville, TN (USA)

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
use 2 adverbs one after the another #3 (permalink) Wed May 09, 2007 19:31 pm   use 2 adverbs one after the another

As you can see, your question has been answered incredibly quickly. There is no difficulty in one adverb qualifying another one - it is quite easily done.

_________________

Why is "left for"?Have you got any idea vs. Have you any idea'Buy' versus 'bought'service vs specializationgrow vs grown vs growsmeaning of 'As good as'difference between 'had been' and 'have been'What does this phrase mean: "to ask her out"?What is the diference between good and okay?mother's fault vs mother's blundermeaning of 'For the good of mankind'rewrite the sentense by using the verb 'run'What is difference between hear and listening in this sentence?