to cause to be acquainted; to accustom; to make something well known; to publicize
store
cushion
familiarize
lack

What does "check in" mean?

use 2 adverbs one after the another | What is the diference between good and okay?
What does "check in" mean? #1 (permalink) Wed May 09, 2007 22:31 pm   What does "check in" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #252 "Travel Arrangements Test (1)", question 10

No, that's not a problem. You're allowed one piece of ......... luggage.

(a) check-in
(b) reserved
(c) carry-on

ESL/EFL Test #252 "Travel Arrangements Test (1)", answer 10

No, that's not a problem. You're allowed one piece of carry-on luggage.

Correct answer: (c) carry-on
_________________________

WHAT IS CHECK IN???

Martini
Martini

What does "check in" mean? #2 (permalink) Wed May 09, 2007 22:59 pm   What does "check in" mean?

.
From Webster's:
Main Entry: check-in
Part of Speech: n
Definition: act or instance of showing one's ticket to or registering with an authorized agent, as in an airport or hotel
Example: Check-in may require the presentation of payment, reservations, or other documentation or identification.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Why is "left for"?Have you got any idea vs. Have you any idea'Buy' versus 'bought'service vs specializationgrow vs grown vs growsmeaning of 'As good as'difference between 'had been' and 'have been'What does this phrase mean: "to ask her out"?Is the word division an uncountable noun?mother's fault vs mother's blundermeaning of 'For the good of mankind'rewrite the sentense by using the verb 'run'What is difference between hear and listening in this sentence?