lucky; successful; opportune
annual
fortunate
efficient
precise

What does this phrase mean: "to ask her out"?

What is the diference between good and okay? | difference between 'had been' and 'have been'
What does this phrase mean: "to ask her out"? #1 (permalink) Thu May 10, 2007 4:31 am   What does this phrase mean: "to ask her out"?

ESL/EFL Test #165 "Phrasal Verbs (A to B)", question 3

Ken really likes Kirstie but he's too nervous to ..........

(a) ask her out
(b) ask her on
(c) ask out

ESL/EFL Test #165 "Phrasal Verbs (A to B)", answer 3

Ken really likes Kirstie but he's too nervous to ask her out.

Correct answer: (a) ask her out

Ken really likes Kirstie but he's too nervous to ask her on.
_________________________

Dear Teacher, can you explain the phrase verb "ask her on"?

Thank you
Martini
Martini

What does this phrase mean: "to ask her out"? #2 (permalink) Thu May 10, 2007 5:47 am   What does this phrase mean: "to ask her out"?

I don't think there's such a phrase as "ask her on". "Ask her out" means to ask her to go out on a date.
Diverhank

Location: California, USA

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Explanation of the phrase "Good girl/boy!"What does this idiom mean: "to play the goat"?Why is "left for"?Have you got any idea vs. Have you any idea'Buy' versus 'bought'service vs specializationgrow vs grown vs growsmeaning of 'As good as'What does "check in" mean?use 2 adverbs one after the anotherIs the word division an uncountable noun?mother's fault vs mother's blundermeaning of 'For the good of mankind'