Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to hawk; to vend; to deal; to distribute; to sell
resist
peddle
rise
disappear
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

service vs specialization

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
'Buy' versus 'bought' | Have you got any idea vs. Have you any idea
listening exercises
service vs specialization #1 (permalink) Mon May 14, 2007 21:13 pm   service vs specialization

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #294 "Economics Questions test (2)", question 2

When people or departments become highly-skilled in one area of production because they only create or produce one item or one part of an item, ......... occurs.

(a) labor
(b) service
(c) specialization

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #294 "Economics Questions test (2)", answer 2

When people or departments become highly-skilled in one area of production because they only create or produce one item or one part of an item, specialization occurs.

Correct answer: (c) specialization

Your answer was: incorrect
When people or departments become highly-skilled in one area of production because they only create or produce one item or one part of an item, service occurs.

I not very good understand difference within service occurs and specialization occurs. Could you explain me please?

Emma
Emma

Specialization #2 (permalink) Mon May 14, 2007 23:44 pm   Specialization

Hello,
A dictionary definition of 'specialization' states "designed, trained, or fitted for one particular purpose or occupation." Whereas, 'service' means "the occupation or function of serving; to assist or to be of use."
So, specialization refers to performing a specific duty, job or task and usually the function is performed well because of that.
I hope this helps.
Linda
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
'Buy' versus 'bought' | Have you got any idea vs. Have you any idea
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Is airport a compound word?what does the general picture mean?Explanation of the phrase "Good girl/boy!"when i use the verb in infinitive and plus 'ing'?What does this idiom mean: "to play the goat"?meaning of "Have enough of"Why is "left for"?grow vs grown vs growsmeaning of 'As good as'difference between 'had been' and 'have been'What does this phrase mean: "to ask her out"?What does "check in" mean?use 2 adverbs one after the another