diligence; neatness
consultancy
destruction
violation
thoroughness

'Buy' versus 'bought'

grow vs grown vs grows | service vs specialization
'Buy' versus 'bought' #1 (permalink) Mon May 14, 2007 21:34 pm   'Buy' versus 'bought'

ESL/EFL Test #107 "Irregular Verbs (1)", question 10

Luther has to ......... four new tires for his car. He wants higher quality tires so they will last longer.

(a) bought
(b) buying
(c) buy

ESL/EFL Test #107 "Irregular Verbs (1)", answer 10

Luther has to buy four new tires for his car. He wants higher quality tires so they will last longer.

Correct answer: (c) buy
_________________________

when i write bought?

Emma
Emma

Bought vs. buy #2 (permalink) Mon May 14, 2007 23:36 pm   Bought vs. buy

You should use 'bought' in the past tense. 'Buy' is the present form and 'bought' is the past tense. This is an example of an irregular verb.
Take care.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
what does the general picture mean?Explanation of the phrase "Good girl/boy!"when i use the verb in infinitive and plus 'ing'?What does this idiom mean: "to play the goat"?meaning of "Have enough of"Why is "left for"?Have you got any idea vs. Have you any ideameaning of 'As good as'difference between 'had been' and 'have been'What does this phrase mean: "to ask her out"?What does "check in" mean?use 2 adverbs one after the anotherWhat is the diference between good and okay?