after; later; subsequent to
photo
post
counter
ad

Explanation of the phrase "Good girl/boy!"

What does this idiom mean: "to play the goat"? | when i use the verb in infinitive and plus 'ing'?
Explanation of the phrase "Good girl/boy!" #1 (permalink) Wed May 16, 2007 12:30 pm   Explanation of the phrase "Good girl/boy!"

ESL/EFL Test #253 "Good, Well and Okay Test (1)", question 7

When you're training a dog, you should always use phrases such as " ......... girl/boy!" to show praise for good behavior.

(a) Good
(b) Well
(c) Okay

ESL/EFL Test #253 "Good, Well and Okay Test (1)", answer 7

When you're training a dog, you should always use phrases such as " Good girl/boy!" to show praise for good behavior.

Correct answer: (a) Good

When you're training a dog, you should always use phrases such as " Okay girl/boy!" to show praise for good behavior.
_________________________

why?

Magellan
Magellan

Explanation of the phrase "Good girl/boy!" #2 (permalink) Wed May 16, 2007 13:02 pm   Explanation of the phrase "Good girl/boy!"

Just because people talk like that. It's a set expression
I'm afraid you have to just memorize it :)

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
What does receivership mean?What does "at hand" mean? Is it an idiom?Is this an idiom: "lay your hands on it"?What does "hand over fist" mean? Is it an idiom?Is therefore an adverb?Is airport a compound word?what does the general picture mean?meaning of "Have enough of"Why is "left for"?Have you got any idea vs. Have you any idea'Buy' versus 'bought'service vs specializationgrow vs grown vs grows