to demand; to emphasize firmly; to request firmly; to require; to persevere
queues
preserve
trash
insist

Is this an idiom: "lay your hands on it"?

What does "hand over fist" mean? Is it an idiom? | What does "at hand" mean? Is it an idiom?
Is this an idiom: "lay your hands on it"? #1 (permalink) Fri May 18, 2007 1:31 am   Is this an idiom: "lay your hands on it"?

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #19 "Idioms with Hand", question 4

As soon as he laid his hands on all that money, he donated part of it to charitable institutions.

(a) stole
(b) scattered
(c) released
(d) took possession of

ESL/EFL Test #19 "Idioms with Hand", answer 4

As soon as he took possession of all that money, he donated part of it to charitable institutions.

Correct answer: (d) took possession of
_________________________

canyou explain it,

Gemeni
Gemeni

Is this an idiom: "lay your hands on it"? #2 (permalink) Fri May 18, 2007 6:35 am   Is this an idiom: "lay your hands on it"?

.
Lay one's hands on = obtain; take possession of.
.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
What does "fit into" mean?meaning of "burn up"saw vs seemeaning of suspectedseeks vs soughtWhat does this idiom mean: marking time?meaning of boundariesWhat is the difference between aid and aide?What does receivership mean?Is therefore an adverb?Is airport a compound word?what does the general picture mean?Explanation of the phrase "Good girl/boy!"