credible; trustworthy; dependable
quiet
arbitrary
large
reliable

Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Meaning of "difficult for children to enclose their gratitude" | Hear vs. listen?
Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it #1 (permalink) Mon May 21, 2007 2:38 am   Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it

ESL/EFL Test #34 "Responses (7)", question 10

Frank: 'They say that all this rubbish is going to be taken away tomorrow.'
Jill: '.........'

(a) I believe when I see it.
(b) I'll believe it when seen.
(c) I'll believe it when I see it.
(d) I see it when I believe.

ESL/EFL Test #34 "Responses (7)", answer 10

Jill: 'I'll believe it when I see it.'

Correct answer: (c) I'll believe it when I see it.
_________________________

Is this a conditional sentence?

Gelawani
Gelawani

conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it #2 (permalink) Mon May 21, 2007 10:03 am   conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it

Yes, it's a first conditional, also called conditional type 1, which refers to possible future situations.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it #3 (permalink) Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:09 am   conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it

It is ok to learn these kind of sentences .Thanks in advance,
Ahmad Wali Popal

Location: Kabul, AFghanistan

conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it #4 (permalink) Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:18 am   conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it

Wow that's wonderful i enjoyed the conditional sentences.
Mastap4ever

Location: mozambique

conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it #5 (permalink) Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:27 am   conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it

Yes, it true. It is a conditional sentence. In most cases we are used to recognise conditionals by the "if " clause, but there are cases when we may use "when".
For eg. I'll believe if i see/ I'll believe when i see.
Majlinda

conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it #6 (permalink) Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:13 am   conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it

it is very helpfull ...so i can build my own conditional sentences
Mone

conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it #7 (permalink) Sat Nov 15, 2008 22:06 pm   conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it

this type of conditional is rather easy for me! i would like to know more about conditional2! :P
Christina

Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it #8 (permalink) Sun Dec 07, 2008 0:48 am   Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it

Sharajah reported for duty in time
or
Sharajh reported for duty on time
which is correct
Thillaiganesh

Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it #9 (permalink) Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:48 am   Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it

On my side i still need more exercise to conditional type 1 sentences.Woukld yopu please help mme to know.What's the ways to recognize conditional type 1 sentences.
Mnanka

Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it #10 (permalink) Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:00 am   Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it

Hi Mnaka,

You can read this: Conditional 1. In addition, I recommend you take a look at the following: How can I improve my writing skills?

TOEIC listening, question-response: Is it true that you pay less for your meal if you come here on Tuesdays?

HI #11 (permalink) Mon May 04, 2009 8:03 am   HI

Is conditional is always in Simple Perfect Tense Or we can use in other tense too.
Madiha

Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it #12 (permalink) Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:48 am   Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it

I think conditional can be in the past .Is this right?
Hano

Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it #13 (permalink) Fri Jul 17, 2009 22:04 pm   Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it

Yes! 1st conditional!
FernandaPaulade

Location: Brazil

Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it #14 (permalink) Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:15 am   Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it

hello guys, how u doing ? Well, this subject is interesting since lots of people use conditional sentences / utterances in many instances especially when they refer to a desired condition or circumstance they'd rather have . I have several conditional sentences to share and to ponder : I am a person with albinism as you see in my pic. Were you a person with albinism, what would you do ? should there be a support group / advocacy group on albinism, I would be delighted to join it. Btw i hv just created a blog on albinism community in Indonesia. U r welcome to check this out http://masyarakatalbinoindonesia.blogspot.com/. I do hope both people and parents / relatives of kids with albinism and normal people alike will be better informed and more supportive. Cheers
Jamesrudybali

Location: Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it #15 (permalink) Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:44 am   Conditional sentence: I'll believe it when I see it

I would like to share a litlle bit about conditional sentences , please correct me I am wrong. Alan.

There types of conditional type one the if clause is in the present , the main clause will be in present future . it denotes a future possibility as long as the condition is met or fulfilled . For example a Conditional love on the valentine"s day he he he , If she loves me , I will give her everything she ever thinks of .

the if clause is in the past tense, the main clause will be in past future tense . it denotes unreal present , contrary to the fact in the present .

Type two unconditional love , most recommended : I would still give her everything she ever thinks of even if she didn't love me Because she is created for me The fact she loves me

The if clause is in the past perfect, the main clause will be in past future perfect .

I would have given her everything she ever thought of if She had loved me

Type three , unreal past . this sentence denotes a wish contrary to the fact in the past . The fact she didn't love me.

we can also use inverted construction without if , If she were a girl with albinism , I would marry her ------- Were she a lady with albinism , I would marry her . Because I find out if my offspring be a person with albinism .

If you happen to meet Alan, please kindly convey my best regards to him. -------------- Should you happen to meet ..........

I think that's all for now, guys, I hope you find it useful. cheers
Jamesrudybali

Location: Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Lifelong learning?service tax vs. sales taxWhat are liberal parties?You shouldn't talk back to your mother nor should you disobey her rulesTest incompl/elem-293, User's Answer 2This is known as separation of powerthe system encompassing this type of government is called shared powersChris has a class at 8 am, so he catches the 7:15 am bus.He is really angry, so we should leave him alone for a while.he was being hurtfulYou ought to be ashamed of yourselfWhat animal is a tortoise?immanent vs illicit