coming or occurring after the usual or expected time; tardy; slow; delayed
ready
late
incredible
choice

Meaning of 'strike out'

In which occasions I use 'lonesome' and 'lonesome' is similar to lonely? | endorsement vs passport
Meaning of 'strike out' #1 (permalink) Thu May 24, 2007 13:53 pm   Meaning of 'strike out'

ESL/EFL Test #265 "Irregular Verbs Test (13)", question 2

Randy ......... out at the baseball game last night. He's still angry about it!

(a) strike
(b) struck
(c) striking

ESL/EFL Test #265 "Irregular Verbs Test (13)", answer 2

Randy struck out at the baseball game last night. He's still angry about it!

Correct answer: (b) struck
_________________________

Meaning of 'strike out', please!

Kortez
Kortez

Meaning of 'strike out' #2 (permalink) Thu May 24, 2007 13:58 pm   Meaning of 'strike out'

.
'Strike out' is a baseball term for swinging three times at the baseball without hitting it successfully, and thus losing one's turn at bat.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
nearby vs nearWhat is the difference between present perfect and past perfect?When do we use "do" and when "make"?meaning of setWhat are memorable novels and stories?What does "downsize" mean?What does strode mean?Why "alone" is the best alternative here?What does "dove" mean?nothing vs everythingstriding vs walkingWhy is the verb like in present?What does "fit into" mean?