distant part of the sea visible from the shore; remote place far from the shore; high seas
offing
traffic
hem
mood

What are memorable novels and stories?

Why "alone" is the best alternative here? | What is the difference between present perfect and past perfect?
What are memorable novels and stories? #1 (permalink) Sun May 27, 2007 8:54 am   What are memorable novels and stories?

ESL/EFL Test #107 "Irregular Verbs (1)", question 7

Steinbeck ......... a number of memorable novels and stories set in California.

(a) write
(b) written
(c) wrote

ESL/EFL Test #107 "Irregular Verbs (1)", answer 7

Steinbeck wrote a number of memorable novels and stories set in California.

Correct answer: (c) wrote
_________________________

i dont know the meaning?

Dummy
Dummy

What are memorable novels and stories? #2 (permalink) Sun May 27, 2007 10:22 am   What are memorable novels and stories?

.
John Steinbeck wrote many good stories about California and people in California.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What are memorable novels and stories? #3 (permalink) Mon May 28, 2007 10:08 am   What are memorable novels and stories?

it means that he wrote so many good stories that others can remember it
*Delta*

What are memorable novels and stories? #4 (permalink) Mon May 28, 2007 17:36 pm   What are memorable novels and stories?

Come to think of it...why such a complicated sentence in an elementary test?
Diverhank

Location: California, USA

What are memorable novels and stories? #5 (permalink) Mon May 28, 2007 21:37 pm   What are memorable novels and stories?

it's not that complicated
but it can improve your skills alot
believe me knowing new words
is great

goodluck
*Delta*

elsewhere vs somewheremeaning of competitivemeaning of shotsmeaning of valuableCan I use the expression 'look through' with the adverb 'carefully'?nearby vs nearWhy ton? (Expression: I have a ton of homework)When do we use "do" and when "make"?meaning of setWhat does "downsize" mean?What does strode mean?Meaning of 'strike out'In which occasions I use 'lonesome' and 'lonesome' is similar to lonely?