Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

distant part of the sea visible from the shore; remote place far from the shore; high seas
offing
traffic
hem
mood
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What are memorable novels and stories?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Why "alone" is the best alternative here? | What is the difference between present perfect and past perfect?
listening exercises
What are memorable novels and stories? #1 (permalink) Sun May 27, 2007 8:54 am   What are memorable novels and stories?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #107 "Irregular Verbs (1)", question 7

Steinbeck ......... a number of memorable novels and stories set in California.

(a) write
(b) written
(c) wrote

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #107 "Irregular Verbs (1)", answer 7

Steinbeck wrote a number of memorable novels and stories set in California.

Correct answer: (c) wrote

i dont know the meaning?

Dummy
Dummy

What are memorable novels and stories? #2 (permalink) Sun May 27, 2007 10:22 am   What are memorable novels and stories?

John Steinbeck wrote many good stories about California and people in California.

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What are memorable novels and stories? #3 (permalink) Mon May 28, 2007 10:08 am   What are memorable novels and stories?

it means that he wrote so many good stories that others can remember it
*Delta*
You can meet me at english-test.net

What are memorable novels and stories? #4 (permalink) Mon May 28, 2007 17:36 pm   What are memorable novels and stories?

Come to think of it...why such a complicated sentence in an elementary test?
Diverhank
I'm here quite often ;-)

What are memorable novels and stories? #5 (permalink) Mon May 28, 2007 21:37 pm   What are memorable novels and stories?

it's not that complicated
but it can improve your skills alot
believe me knowing new words
is great

goodluck
*Delta*
You can meet me at english-test.net

Why "alone" is the best alternative here? | What is the difference between present perfect and past perfect?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
elsewhere vs somewheremeaning of competitivemeaning of shotsmeaning of valuableCan I use the expression 'look through' with the adverb 'carefully'?nearby vs nearWhy ton? (Expression: I have a ton of homework)When do we use "do" and when "make"?meaning of setWhat does "downsize" mean?What does strode mean?Meaning of 'strike out'In which occasions I use 'lonesome' and 'lonesome' is similar to lonely?