recession; sudden decrease; drooping posture; slouch; collapse
delay
expectancy
poll
slump

meaning of competitive

meaning of shots | elsewhere vs somewhere
meaning of competitive #1 (permalink) Thu May 31, 2007 14:19 pm   meaning of competitive

ESL/EFL Test #267 "Irregular Verbs Test (15)", question 7

Susan is competitive and she ......... to win the swimming competition next week.

(a) mean
(b) means
(c) meaning

ESL/EFL Test #267 "Irregular Verbs Test (15)", answer 7

Susan is competitive and she means to win the swimming competition next week.

Correct answer: (b) means
_________________________

meaning of competitive, please

Magelan
Magelan

meaning of competitive #2 (permalink) Thu May 31, 2007 21:37 pm   meaning of competitive

You can call someone "Competitive" when you want to say that they have a desire to compete or engage in contests for the sole reason of winning.
GeoTop

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
what does back-off mean?meaning of the phrase 'on purpose'What does lesser mean?What does poverty mean?If we use 'at the moment' in here, does it mean 'right now'?meaning of 'form of aerobic activity for a cardiovascular workout'Weave wool and spin yarn?what does apart mean?meaning of valuableCan I use the expression 'look through' with the adverb 'carefully'?nearby vs nearWhy ton? (Expression: I have a ton of homework)What is the difference between present perfect and past perfect?