condition; circumstance; location; position; job; place of employment
situation
match
good
simple

meaning of 'form of aerobic activity for a cardiovascular workout'

Weave wool and spin yarn? | If we use 'at the moment' in here, does it mean 'right now'?
meaning of 'form of aerobic activity for a cardiovascular workout' #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 03, 2007 21:46 pm   meaning of 'form of aerobic activity for a cardiovascular workout'

ESL/EFL Test #315 "Health and Nutrition Questions Test (1)", question 2

In addition to muscle building exercises, most trainers will recommend some form of ......... for a cardiovascular workout.

(a) lifting weights
(b) protein shake
(c) aerobic activity

ESL/EFL Test #315 "Health and Nutrition Questions Test (1)", answer 2

In addition to muscle building exercises, most trainers will recommend some form of aerobic activity for a cardiovascular workout.

Correct answer: (c) aerobic activity
_________________________

why?

Zoi
Zoi

meaning of 'form of aerobic activity for a cardiovascular workout' #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:58 am   meaning of 'form of aerobic activity for a cardiovascular workout'

.
Because aerobic exercise works the cardiovascular (heart and circulation) system, something which neither A nor B do.
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
The tense isn't the past tense, is it?their vs his or herwhat does back-off mean?meaning of skybluemeaning of the phrase 'on purpose'What does lesser mean?What does poverty mean?what does apart mean?elsewhere vs somewheremeaning of competitivemeaning of shotsmeaning of valuableCan I use the expression 'look through' with the adverb 'carefully'?