building; something created from a number of interconnecting parts
number
uniqueness
structure
veracity

What does poverty mean?

If we use 'at the moment' in here, does it mean 'right now'? | What does lesser mean?
What does poverty mean? #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 04, 2007 20:45 pm   What does poverty mean?

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #168 "Poverty in the US: living standards expressions", question 1

Poverty is a relative measure that depends on prices, the standard of living, and the ......... that others earn.

(a) amounts
(b) incomes
(c) monies
(d) pays

ESL/EFL Test #168 "Poverty in the US: living standards expressions", answer 1

Poverty is a relative measure that depends on prices, the standard of living, and the incomes that others earn.

Correct answer: (b) incomes
_________________________

what is poverty?

Paula
Paula

What does poverty mean? #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 04, 2007 22:45 pm   What does poverty mean?

Poverty is the condition of being poor, that is, having little or no money.

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of "make ends meet"Why not "over there"?The tense isn't the past tense, is it?their vs his or herwhat does back-off mean?meaning of skybluemeaning of the phrase 'on purpose'meaning of 'form of aerobic activity for a cardiovascular workout'Weave wool and spin yarn?what does apart mean?elsewhere vs somewheremeaning of competitivemeaning of shots