misuse; loss; rubbish; garbage; sewage
waste
journal
plant
injury

'they are like as two peas in a pod' vs 'they are like two peas in a pod'

What is a 'cardboard character'? | What does "wound" mean?
'they are like as two peas in a pod' vs 'they are like two peas in a pod' #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:43 am   'they are like as two peas in a pod' vs 'they are like two peas in a pod'

ESL/EFL Test #71 "Two For You", question 6

You honestly can't tell one twin from another as they are like as two ......... in a pod.

(a) potatoes
(b) tomatoes
(c) bananas
(d) peas

ESL/EFL Test #71 "Two For You", answer 6

You honestly can't tell one twin from another as they are like as two peas in a pod.

Correct answer: (d) peas
_________________________

I believe there's a mistake in this sentence. The last part should be "they are like two peas in a pod" and not "they are like AS two peas in a pod". Is it possible to have it corrected? It could confuse other learners. Thanks

Jessie
Jessie

'they are like as two peas in a pod' vs 'they are like two peas in a pod' #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:26 am   'they are like as two peas in a pod' vs 'they are like two peas in a pod'

Thank you for the correction, Jessie. The idiom is indeed 'to be like two peas in a pod'. A less common variant is 'to be as like as two peas in a pod', which is perhaps what was meant here.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
'they are like as two peas in a pod' vs 'they are like two peas in a pod' #3 (permalink) Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:14 pm   'they are like as two peas in a pod' vs 'they are like two peas in a pod'

.
The expression "be like as two peas in a pod" is a valid one.
However, I would agree that it isn't used nearly as much as "be like two peas in a pod".
.
_________________

What does "quit" mean?What does "give up" mean? Is it a phrasal verb?What does this phrase mean: 'carried on regardless'?What is the difference between "dead" and "dying"?What is the difference between "smitten" and "smote"?What is the difference between "bend" and "turn"?What does this idiom mean: spend money like water?What does this idiom mean: 'she simply throws cold water on it'?Who makes most decisions in a democracy?meaning of "make ends meet"Why not "over there"?The tense isn't the past tense, is it?their vs his or her