printed form that entitles the holder to certain rights such as in a discount
audit
match
coupon
newsletter

difference between "back-up" and "back-off"?

What does cope with stress mean? | Can somebody elaborate on 'break-in', 'break', and 'breakdown'?
difference between "back-up" and "back-off"? #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 05, 2007 16:14 pm   difference between "back-up" and "back-off"?

ESL/EFL Test #165 "Phrasal Verbs (A to B)", question 6

Sandy wants to learn how to drive but she must also learn how to ......... so she can get in and out of parking spots easily.

(a) back up
(b) back behind
(c) back off

ESL/EFL Test #165 "Phrasal Verbs (A to B)", answer 6

Sandy wants to learn how to drive but she must also learn how to back up so she can get in and out of parking spots easily.

Correct answer: (a) back up

Sandy wants to learn how to drive but she must also learn how to back off so she can get in and out of parking spots easily.
_________________________

what's the difference between "back-up" and "back-off"?

Bharath
Bharath

difference between "back-up" and "back-off"? #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 05, 2007 19:14 pm   difference between "back-up" and "back-off"?

To back up is to reverse a car, in American English.

Here are two definitions for 'back off':

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=94048&dict=CALD
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=96523&dict=CALD

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
difference between "back-up" and "back-off"? #3 (permalink) Thu Aug 12, 2010 15:07 pm   difference between "back-up" and "back-off"?

Is to back off equal of going backwards?
Nenad11

Location: Belgrade

difference between "back-up" and "back-off"? #4 (permalink) Thu Aug 12, 2010 15:13 pm   difference between "back-up" and "back-off"?

Soory I made a mistake.I meant to write phrasel verb to back up ,but I
wrote the wrong one in question above instead. manny thanks in advance.Sincerely yours.
Nenad11

Location: Belgrade

Downloading English tests?definite article with the superlative degree of an adverbWhat does 'fall back on' mean?If he objects it means he is totally against any measuresIt's not his fault? What does it mean?Test incompl/inter-675, Question 1Does to pass out mean to faint?What does vent mean?They gave themselves up?I don't like him...Meaning of ill-timedWhat does return value mean?Is drop behind a compound word?