to esteem; to cherish; to assess; to estimate
incline
discuss
target
value

What is a 'cardboard character'?

meaning of "make ends meet" | 'they are like as two peas in a pod' vs 'they are like two peas in a pod'
What is a 'cardboard character'? #1 (permalink) Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:47 am   What is a 'cardboard character'?

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #127 "Ways of commenting", question 2

It was quite a good film but I thought the characters were a bit like ..........

(a) paper
(b) cardboard
(c) plastic
(d) material

ESL/EFL Test #127 "Ways of commenting", answer 2

It was quite a good film but I thought the characters were a bit like cardboard.

Correct answer: (b) cardboard
_________________________

what is 'cardboard character'?

Olaf
Olaf

What is a 'cardboard character'? #2 (permalink) Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:17 am   What is a 'cardboard character'?

Characters that look unnatural or unreal can be defined as 'cardboard characters'.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does "quit" mean?What does "give up" mean? Is it a phrasal verb?What does this phrase mean: 'carried on regardless'?What is the difference between "dead" and "dying"?What is the difference between "smitten" and "smote"?What does this idiom mean: spend money like water?What does this idiom mean: 'she simply throws cold water on it'?Who makes most decisions in a democracy?What does "wound" mean?Why not "over there"?The tense isn't the past tense, is it?their vs his or herwhat does back-off mean?