duty; role; purpose; feature; convention
tax
ticket
function
substantive

What does "bear" mean?

What is the difference between good, fine, well and OK? | Usage of idiom: Everyone is very competitive with one another
What does "bear" mean? #1 (permalink) Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:50 am   What does "bear" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #267 "Irregular Verbs Test (15)", question 3

Many trees in California ......... fruit in the summer and autumn months. There is also a lot of year-round gardening that takes place.

(a) bear
(b) bore
(c) bearing

ESL/EFL Test #267 "Irregular Verbs Test (15)", answer 3

Many trees in California bear fruit in the summer and autumn months. There is also a lot of year-round gardening that takes place.

Correct answer: (a) bear
_________________________

GIVE EXPLANATION

Olaf
Olaf

What does "bear" mean? #2 (permalink) Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:22 am   What does "bear" mean?

The present simple of 'bear' (produce) is used in that sentence to express a fact or something that is always true.

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
to Webmaster #3 (permalink) Mon Sep 27, 2010 14:59 pm   to Webmaster

Hello Mr. Webmaster,

I filled in again the irregular verbs test /all/.

I have to write there is a mistake in the system. In this test for example I wrote once 'bear' for the third question and it was mistaken after I wrote 'bore' because the test recommended,it was of course mistaken, after again I wrote ' bear' it was again mistaken. I found this type of mistake-while I filled in the tests-it happened several times - but I didn't know what to do. But I decided to advise you.

This happened in this way. Please, examine the system.

Many thanks:
_________________

What does "bear" mean? #4 (permalink) Wed Jun 12, 2013 23:26 pm   What does "bear" mean?

My first Test would have been 10/10 but my "bear" wasn't accepted and had been corrected to "bore" so it was 9/10. Here is my first test:
http://www.english-test.net/esl/learn/english/grammar/ii267/esl-test.php

So I do the next with bore and of course it was again mistaken.

I am not lucky, I became tired from this chaos. So I finish this test and I give up.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't look at the link because they deleted my first test.
_________________

so I could have her call yousend a phone number by snail mail having written it on the handed piece of paperDavid withheld information during the criminal investigationto travel light -- to travel without much luggagehow he would stick it outhis cows broke into the grain binCan you hold a moment?I couldn't care less.a litter of puppiesI know it's hard, but you have to stick with itMeaning of "you can count on me"What does household mean?How to pronounce 'one'?