a person who provides guidance; consultant; counselor
subject
advisor
credit
current

What is the difference between "bend" and "turn"?

What does "quit" mean? | What does "stumble" mean?
What is the difference between "bend" and "turn"? #1 (permalink) Sat Jun 09, 2007 16:33 pm   What is the difference between "bend" and "turn"?

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #9 "This way and that", question 2

I can go into a shop down the street, come out and then not know which way to bend to continue my journey down the road.

(a) into
(b) down
(c) not know
(d) bend

ESL/EFL Test #9 "This way and that", answer 2

I can go into a shop down the street, come out and then not know which way to turn to continue my journey down the road.

Correct entry: turn
The error was: (d) bend
_________________________

Igor
Igor

What is the difference between "bend" and "turn"? #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 10, 2007 0:13 am   What is the difference between "bend" and "turn"?

.
We 'turn', and do not 'bend', in our journeys.
.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is the difference between "bend" and "turn"? #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:03 am   What is the difference between "bend" and "turn"?

Roads, however, can bend or make bends:

- The road bends around the side of the mountain.
- The road makes several bends.

What is the difference between "bend" and "turn"? #4 (permalink) Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:34 pm   What is the difference between "bend" and "turn"?

Or you can send (or drive) somebody round the bend (twist) when you make them really angry

Using swear words to describe political parties?Question about deprecationWhat does cereal mean?What does idiom mean: "keep your head above the water"?What does "requirement" mean?What is "Ecosystem restoration"?What does phrase mean: "he stood me up"?How do I sign a business letter?How do you pronounce "askew"?What does "give up" mean? Is it a phrasal verb?What does this phrase mean: 'carried on regardless'?What is the difference between "dead" and "dying"?What is the difference between "smitten" and "smote"?