to converse; to speak; to spread rumors; to lecture; to reveal secret information
voyage
talk
staff
mortgage

How do you pronounce "askew"?

What does "stumble" mean? | How do I sign a business letter?
How do you pronounce "askew"? #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:40 am   How do you pronounce "askew"?

English Idioms and Expressions, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #7 "All Agog", question 9

I spent ages fixing the nail in the wall to put the picture up and then I stood back and found it was askew.

(a) not straight
(b) not clear
(c) not definite
(d) not pretty

ESL/EFL Test #7 "All Agog", answer 9

I spent ages fixing the nail in the wall to put the picture up and then I stood back and found it was not straight.

Correct answer: (a) not straight
_________________________

How do you pronounce "askew"?
Thank you
Mika
Mika

How do you pronounce "askew"? #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:43 am   How do you pronounce "askew"?

.
Listen HERE.
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
lost vs loseUsing swear words to describe political parties?Question about deprecationWhy did 'calmed her anger' not incorrect?What does cereal mean?What does idiom mean: "keep your head above the water"?What does "requirement" mean?What is "Ecosystem restoration"?What does phrase mean: "he stood me up"?What does "quit" mean?What does "give up" mean? Is it a phrasal verb?What does this phrase mean: 'carried on regardless'?What is the difference between "dead" and "dying"?