signature on a money order such as a check
address
endorsement
engine
extract

Verb usage: to put up with

'The athlete will train' vs 'The athlete trains' | What is "a Punch and Judy show"?
Verb usage: to put up with #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 19, 2007 13:40 pm   Verb usage: to put up with

ESL/EFL Test #177 "Idioms with the phrasal verb put", question 1

Our daily habits often force us to ......... all kinds of degrading and destructive events, all in the name of keeping things comfortable or familiar.

(a) put up
(b) put up with
(c) put on hold
(d) put out

ESL/EFL Test #177 "Idioms with the phrasal verb put", answer 1

Our daily habits often force us to put up with all kinds of degrading and destructive events, all in the name of keeping things comfortable or familiar.

Correct answer: (b) put up with

_________________________

why it is the right answer?

Angelika
Angelika

Verb usage: to put up with #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 19, 2007 13:47 pm   Verb usage: to put up with

put up with smth = tolerate smth
example: I shall not put up with your coarse language anymore

see?

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Verb usage: to put up with #3 (permalink) Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:58 pm   Verb usage: to put up with

please explain: in the name of doing sth?, like above,

thank you :)

I care for /take care of my elderly mother.articleshad been restored vs. was restoredWill put up?Modern-day nautical expertsthe five-story Al Ghaza Hotel.pulling out of Iraq now is not an optionyou would buy yourselfwhat's diffrent between insist and persist?'free reign' vs 'free rein''themselves' is an object for the verb 'raise'Phrase: going to experience light snow'problem to solve' vs 'problem to cut'