push; lift; incentive; encouragement
attachment
fence
option
boost

In nature vs. in the nature

What does "out of hand" mean? | What does 'do without' mean? Is it a phrasal verb and an idiom?
In nature vs. in the nature #1 (permalink) Sun Jan 02, 2005 16:37 pm   In nature vs. in the nature

Test No. incompl/elem-8 "Articles", question 3

It is important sometimes to stop and look around you at all the wonderful things ..........

(a) nature
(b) in nature
(c) in the nature

Test No. incompl/elem-8 "Articles", answer 3

It is important sometimes to stop and look around you at all the wonderful things in nature.

Correct answer: (b) in nature

It is important sometimes to stop and look around you at all the wonderful things in the nature.
_________________________

Why can we not use in the Nature?

Nature #2 (permalink) Sun Jan 02, 2005 18:50 pm   Nature

Abstract nouns such as nature do not take the definite article if they are not specified. Take for example life as in: Life in a big city can be lonely and She was reading a book about the life of Shakespeare.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Under a delusionCode of conduct or code of practice?'Plans have been drawn up' means 'Plans have been created'?Didn't have muchAll of a pieceWhat does this idiom mean: "High flier"?Period of timeHandle a problem vs. deal with a problemCheck your scoreTo dip your toe in the waterTo have a finger in every pieOrganizer vs. supervisorMinor vs. tiny