dividend; perk; monetary gift
voucher
semester
bonus
division

meaning of plausible

what does wring, wrung, wringing mean? | Expression: "talk down"
meaning of plausible #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:39 am   meaning of plausible

ESL/EFL Test #88 "Verbal Advantage", question 6

Although her boss knew that she was not telling the truth, her explanations for being late were always so reasonable and totally ......... that he believed her.

(a) pleasant
(b) perceptive
(c) penetrating
(d) plausible

ESL/EFL Test #88 "Verbal Advantage", answer 6

Although her boss knew that she was not telling the truth, her explanations for being late were always so reasonable and totally plausible that he believed her.

Correct answer: (d) plausible

Although her boss knew that she was not telling the truth, her explanations for being late were always so reasonable and totally perceptive that he believed her.
_________________________

what actually mean plausible?

Edita
Edita

meaning of plausible #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:17 am   meaning of plausible

what does plausible mean?

if you consider something plausible, you tend to believe that this "something" is true.

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of plausible #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:51 am   meaning of plausible

I first met the word "plausible" in a chess article. A player thought that one particular move was plausible, i.e. it could be considered correct and winning. However, later on that player lost because the move failed him. So, I have an impression that "plausible" means something that seems "correct" or "reliable" but in fact it is not... I might be wrong though...
_________________
Learning is a sacred engagement.
Ahmadov

Location: Azerbaijan

What what's the meaning of fed?When do we use so and that? So vs thatuse of the word swelledIT and logistics help dissect the value-added process?meaning of "ex ante noncontractible"meaning of succulentsIdiom: he shot himself in the footmeaning of 'Maintain the heights'sings vs sangwhat is the differenc between sorts and kinds?Sub prime Mortgages and effects are illegal"go with the bus" vs "go by the bus"meaning of the collocation 'Under stress'