Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to describe; to illustrate; to characterize; to portray; to elucidate
pair
hide
depict
mind
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

meaning of "ex ante noncontractible"

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
meaning of succulents | IT and logistics help dissect the value-added process?
listening exercises
meaning of "ex ante noncontractible" #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 27, 2007 15:29 pm   meaning of "ex ante noncontractible"

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #376 "Entrepreneurial Behavior", question 7

Because the judgments are framed in an uncertain environment, the judgments themselves are uncertain and are thus ex ......... noncontractible.

(a) ante
(b) cathedra
(c) gratia
(d) officio

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #376 "Entrepreneurial Behavior", answer 7

Because the judgments are framed in an uncertain environment, the judgments themselves are uncertain and are thus ex ante noncontractible.

Correct answer: (a) ante

hiya,
I am lost in "ex ante noncontractible" a bit, do you mean the entrepreneurial rents are cost like "stakes" by entrepreneurs? Thanks a lot!!!!

F.F
FangFang
I'm here quite often ;-)

meaning of "ex ante noncontractible" #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 27, 2007 22:55 pm   meaning of "ex ante noncontractible"

Me too. I take it to mean that the judgements that an entrepreneur may make cannot be written into his contract, or considered in making it. But may be simplistic on my part.

The fuller text is:

A firm that manages for strategic flexibility and constant renewal is able to generate above-average profits and thus is rewarded for its entrepreneurial behavior. The return to entrepreneurial behavior is entrepreneurial rent. Unlike most factor costs, entrepreneurial rents are noncontractible ex ante by either the entrepreneur or the firm. This is because the entrepreneur exercises judgments to allocate resources in an uncertain environment (Knight 1921). Because the judgments are framed in an uncertain environment, the judgments themselves are uncertain and are thus ex ante noncontractible.

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of succulents | IT and logistics help dissect the value-added process?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
"given up" vs abandonWhat does "day in day out" mean?What does "blow one's top" mean?Idiom: cook the fatted calfIdiom: have your cake and eat itWhat what's the meaning of fed?When do we use so and that? So vs thatuse of the word swelledExpression: "talk down"meaning of plausibleIdiom: he shot himself in the footmeaning of 'Maintain the heights'what does wring, wrung, wringing mean?