to rebroadcast
direct
research
cook
replay

Handle a problem vs. deal with a problem

What does 'do without' mean? Is it a phrasal verb and an idiom? | Period of time
Handle a problem vs. deal with a problem #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 03, 2005 17:40 pm   Handle a problem vs. deal with a problem

Test No. incompl/advan-7 "Job Interview", question 7

Imagine one of your staff loses her temper and shouts at you in front of others, how would you ......... with this?

(a) take
(b) do
(c) handle
(d) deal

Test No. incompl/advan-7 "Job Interview", answer 7

Imagine one of your staff loses her temper and shouts at you in front of others, how would you deal with this?

Correct answer: (d) deal

Imagine one of your staff loses her temper and shouts at you in front of others, how would you handle with this?
_________________________

hi, what is the different between deal and handle?
CRIS

Deal/handle #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 03, 2005 19:42 pm   Deal/handle

They both mean roughly the same. Their use however is different as in:

Handle a problem
Deal WITH a problem

_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Directory enquiries and directory assistanceUnder a delusionSo that it is as ifCode of conduct or code of practice?'Plans have been drawn up' means 'Plans have been created'?Didn't have muchAll of a pieceWhat does this idiom mean: "High flier"?In nature vs. in the natureWhat does "out of hand" mean?Check your scoreTo dip your toe in the waterTo have a finger in every pie