exchanging of goods and services; trade
launch
barter
bank
harness

Errors in the tests

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

ESL Forums | Feedback, Comments and Suggestions
Are you going to publish new materials (stories and articles?) | Hello English test! Thank you for sending me the lesson every time...
errors in the tests #16 (permalink) Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:19 am   errors in the tests

.
Shall we just post found errors here? Here's another one lacking punctuation:

ESL/EFL Test #68 "How to complain", question 6

I'm obviously not getting anywhere with my complaint please let me talk to someone ......... to you.

.
_________________

errors in the tests #17 (permalink) Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:57 am   errors in the tests

OK Charles, we'll change this.

TOEIC listening, photographs: The operating theatre

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
errors in the tests #18 (permalink) Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:27 am   errors in the tests

.
Hi Torsten,

You needn't acknowledge each one-- but is it a reasonable idea to simply post such test questions that need repair on this thread? I find this an easy solution to the problem of notification.

(You could acknowledge that repairs have been made by deleting my post, for instance.)
.
_________________

errors in the tests #19 (permalink) Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:05 am   errors in the tests

I wonder if deleting people's posts is such a good idea.

All the best

EU
Englishuser

errors in the tests #20 (permalink) Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:37 am   errors in the tests

Hi Charles,

Let's see how many sentences we can repair that way -- acknowledging each change is fast and easy and I agree with Englishuser, we can keep the posts at least for the time being.

TOEIC listening, photographs: The bookshop

errors in the tests #21 (permalink) Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:14 am   errors in the tests

.
I delete posts all the time, EU-- and I hereby authorize Torsten to delete any of my posts he deems deletable.
.
_________________

errors in the tests #22 (permalink) Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:44 pm   errors in the tests

I delete posts all the time, EU

Why?

All the best

EU
Englishuser

errors in the tests #23 (permalink) Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:57 pm   errors in the tests

I used to delete posts all the time too, EU. Especially the X-rated ones and the ones with messages such as "lkjhyfgff". :lol:
.
_________________

errors in the tests #24 (permalink) Thu Jul 19, 2007 13:54 pm   errors in the tests

.
Why?

Some of the reasons: no content; no progress; off-topic; rude or obscene; confrontational; meaningless ('lkjhyfgff'); duplicated or multiple posting; critical of management or ownership of a privately operated website; spam; trolling; advertising; etc.

All the best what?
.
_________________

errors in the tests #25 (permalink) Wed Aug 08, 2007 0:31 am   errors in the tests

.
This test question needs correction.
http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic19323.html#62439
("US Government Questions Test (5), question 1")

The word person's needs to be changed to person.
.
_________________

errors in the tests #26 (permalink) Wed Aug 08, 2007 0:41 am   errors in the tests

.
A problem was identified in this test back in April, but the test has not been changed yet:
http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic17434.html#wouldnt_this_be_emmigrant

(US Government Questions Test (6), question 8 )

It was agreed that the correct answer should be emigrant.
.
_________________

errors in the tests #27 (permalink) Thu Aug 09, 2007 13:29 pm   errors in the tests

.
I sympathize with elementary level students who have tried and failed to understand all the sentences in this test:
http://www.english-test.net/esl/learn/english/grammar/er008/esl-test.php

It's not a particularly easy read even for a native speaker. That's just my opinion.
.
_________________

errors in the tests #28 (permalink) Thu Aug 09, 2007 17:12 pm   errors in the tests

Sorry you are having difficulty with one of my tests, Amy. What seems to be the problem?

_________________

For example: #29 (permalink) Thu Aug 09, 2007 17:34 pm   For example:

.
***Original post DELETED***

*** I've deleted the first example of where fine-tuning might be needed in this particular test, Alan. My opinion hasn't changed, but if you ask for details and then don't bother to say or do anything at all when details are provided, then there's no point in leaving the information here. I will simply continue to warn my students that the tests have lots of errors. ***
_________________

errors in the tests #30 (permalink) Thu Aug 09, 2007 21:17 pm   errors in the tests

.
***Original post DELETED***

I've deleted the additional details of where and why some fine-tuning might be needed in this particular test.

_________________

ESL Forums | Feedback, Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
When are you going to log on to the forum?I dont received your course since November, 20, 2008...Too many email notifications?Hi Torsten... I invited all my friends to join this communityConfirm this email: Information Communication Technology [ICT]Dear forum team, I don't get any answer...Is there a place here at this forum where i can practise my spoken enlish?How can I find out the reply of my comment?Accounting site?Do I have to make the tests again and again until I have no mistake?Good morning everybody: I'm very interresting with your lessons and storiesProgress reportYour site is wonderful!