pertaining to a city; municipal
guilty
urban
international
wry

What does 'losing patience' mean?

Directory enquiries and directory assistance | What is the difference between near and by?
What does 'losing patience' mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:26 am   What does 'losing patience' mean?

Test No. incompl/inter-76 "Christmas Postman (3)", question 2

After about two hours of this my internal battery started to get low and I found myself losing ..........

(a) patients
(b) patents
(c) patters
(d) patience

Test No. incompl/inter-76 "Christmas Postman (3)", answer 2

After about two hours of this my internal battery started to get low and I found myself losing patience.

Correct answer: (d) patience

_________________________

please explain the whole meaning of this sentence for I do not get the essence?
Rich7

Location: Caracas, Venezuela

Meaning #2 (permalink) Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:28 am   Meaning

This means: After about two hours I was beginning to feel weak and tired and I was starting to feel as if I didn't want to do any more because I didn't have any more patience left.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Matter of principleWhat does pussy footing mean? Is it an idiom? Or is it a swear word?Discuss or introduce the matter?Can you hear what he is saying? What does that mean?What does 'funded' mean? Does it have to do with money and finances?What does 'trading on the stockmarket' mean in this sentence?What does 'make a bid' mean?What does 'Brass band' mean?News is or areUnder a delusionSo that it is as ifCode of conduct or code of practice?'Plans have been drawn up' means 'Plans have been created'?